Who are ELIGIBLE to appear for
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear
- Bachelor's degree holders in
Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy and those who are in
the final Year of such programmes.
- Master's degree holders in any branch of
science/mathematics/statistics or Equivalent and those who are in
the final year of such programmes. However, if the degree is in
Master of Computer applications, the candidate should have had
course in mathematics at the Bachelor's or Master's level.
- Candidate in the second or Higher year of (post B.Sc) four year
integrated Master's degree programme in Engineering/Technology or
in the third or higher year of the 4-year integrated Master's
degree/Dual degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through Examination
conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to
GATE 2013 Examination Details
- The Examination is a single paper of 3 hrs duration and of 150
marks. There will be 30 questions of 1 mark and 60 questions of 2
- A candidate is expected to answer the paper appropriate to the
discipline of his/her qualifying degree. However, the candidate is
free to choose any of the papers as his/her admission plan.
- You have to choose te subject and study as per the syllabus
mentioned in the GATE brochure.
- Results of qualified candidates in GATE 2013 will get All India Rank and percentile
score. For, example a percentile score of 99 % means you are in the
top 1% category of the candidates who appeared for GATE.
- Candidates who get less than 70 percentile get no score
- GATE scores are valid for 1 year
only. You may reappear in the GATE exam
if you are not satisfied with the earlier score and the new score
will be used for admission purposes.